What's on at Prince Henry?
This page contains information and links to some activities within the Prince Henry Community. There may be many more. Please complete feedback form below if you'd like to advise amendments or additions.
- Regular Events @ The Coast
- Blitz Golf @ The Coast | 24 January
- Aussie Day Barbecue — All Welcome | 26 January
- Underwater Clean Up Event @ Little Bay Beach | 8 February
- CA Executive Committee Meeting | 11 February
- Inaugural Healthy Aging Forum @ The Coast Centre for Seniors | 19 March
Where: The Coast Golf and Recreation Club, 1 Coast Hospital Road, Little Bay | T: 02 9311 7422 or email: email@example.com
Courtesy Bus: Available for pick up and drop off within 5km radius | Call 02 9311 7422 / ext 3 (Bar) to pre-book your pick up.
- Any Henry's Pizza, plus
- A glass of wine, or Young Henry's beer
- Cost: $20
- Surf 'n' Turf platter
- Share between two people
- Cost: $55
- Only on Thursday
- Friday | 7pm to 8pm
- $4.50 | Schooners
- $5 | Craft beer on tap
- $5 | House wine by glass
- Henry's Kahvalti (Turkish Breakfast)
- From 8am to 11am on weekends
- $28 per person (minimum 2 people)
- Bookings essential | T: 02 9311 3085
- Every Saturday and Sunday during Daylight Savings
- Individual Stableford 9 hole competition from 10th tee (holes 10 through 18)
- $15 comp fee for members | $30 for visitors
- Bookings open Friday one week in advance | 6pm at Clubhouse Kiosk | 9pm online
- More information:
— 9th hole can be used as a 'warm up' hole
— Rounds will be submitted to Golflink for handicapping (2 x 9 hole rounds paired for handicapping)
— Tee times starting 45 minutes after first group has teed off the first hole (maximum 5 groups)
— Fees include drink voucher
— Prizes specific to 9 hole comps paid on a sliding scale dependent on competition entry numbers | NTP in 2 on 18th hole: win a sleeve of golf balls sponsored by Masters in Building Training
— Call 02 9311 7422 | Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pork with crackling and apple sauce
- 12 hour lamb with rosemary jus
- Served with root vegetables and Yorkshire pudding
- For bookings call 02 9311 3085 or email email@example.com
What: Blitz Golf
When: Saturday 24 January at 3pm
Where: The Coast Golf and Recreation Club, 1 Coast Hospital Road, Little Bay
Cost: Members $35 | Visitors $45
What is Blitz Golf?
Australia's fastest growing golf format — comprising a series of progressively shorter rounds played in just under three hours.
- Round 1 | 6 hole Blitz, top 60 per cent advance
- Round 2 | 3 hole Blitz, top 50 per cent advance
- Round 3 | 2 hole Blitz, top 30 per cent advance
- Final Round | 1 hole sudden death final!
Who can enter?
Everyone with a GA Handicap!
How do you enter?
Download the Blitz Golf App to register.
What can you win?
There are up to $80k in prizes including a spot in the 2021 PRO-AM Series!
Catch up with your friends, meet new people, and become part of our local community!
Dress for summer comfort. And, please keep your fingers crossed for good weather. However, do check this page from time to time just in case it's necessary to introduce Plan B!
What: The legendary Australia Day Prince Henry Community Barbecue
When: Sunday 26 January 2020, from 12 noon
Where: Bob-a-Day Park, Little Bay (near Harvey Street)
What to bring: Everything...well almost!
- You, your family, your friends and neighbours, dogs too
- Food to barbecue and/or food you like to eat and perhaps share (sharing optional)
- Some good stuff to drink
- Chairs and/or picnic blanket
- Umbrella (just in case).
Cost: FREE! Everyone welcome.
RSVP: Not necessary – just rock up and enjoy, even if only for an hour or so.
Plan B: Check in on this page from time to time just in case the weather's unkind to us and plans have to be changed.
Responsible scuba divers, snorkellers and spear fishers who frequent Little Bay have long been aware of the large volume of human generated debris on the sea floor, particularly in the outer bay.
Now, the Sans Souci Dolphins Spearfishing Club, with the encouragement and hard work of Alex Sehring and Rob Cornelius, have organised a beach and underwater clean up event for 8 February 2020 at Little Bay.
Great prizes will be awarded to the three best rubbish divers — and the three best on-shore collectors. If you don’t have the skills or inclination to dive for rubbish, there will be plenty of opportunity to help with loading into a skip rubbish the divers bring ashore.
While on the beach, the organisers are planning to have some discussion about issues that concern swimmers, sunbathers, parents and responsible scuba divers, snorkellers and spear fishers.
What: Underwater clean up event @ Little Bay
When: Saturday 8 February from 8:30am until midday | Weigh in, prizes and other festivities around 11am
Where: Little Bay Beach
More information: Call Alex on 0431 196 171 | Check out the Little Bay Beach website
What: Prince Henry Community Association Executive Committee Meeting
When: Tuesday 11 February at 6pm
Where: The Hibiscus Room, The Coast Centre for Seniors, Curie Avenue, Little Bay
All lot owners or their nominees are entitled to attend executive committee meetings but can address the meeting only if invited to do so by the committee.
With the possibility of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias affecting three million Australians by 2050, the inaugural Coast Centre for Seniors Healthy Ageing Forum, as part of Brain Awareness Week, will emphasise strategies to reduce risk of cognitive decline in later life and promote positive ageing. The talks will not only showcase the wonderment of the brain but also that we have the capacity to improve brain health.
- Professor Perminder Sachdev AM, Co-Director, CHeBA | Can We Really Prevent Dementia?
- Dr Nicole Kochan, Senior Research Fellow, CHeBA | Mind Fitness: Maximise Brain Health for Later Life
What: A free forum hosted by The Little Bay Coast Centre for Seniors in partnership with the Centre for Healthy Brain Ageing (CHeBA)
When: Thursday 19 March 2020 from 10:00am to 12 noon
Where: The Little Bay Coast Centre for Seniors, 1 Darwin Avenue / 2 Curie Avenue, Little Bay
Bookings Essential: www.eventbrite.com.au/e/healthy-ageing-tickets-84568722325
More information: Morning tea provided | Check out the flyer